Simply put, Plan-A in software documentation is failing big time.
Ask any non technical user and he or she complains:
- I don’t find what I’m looking for!
- The documentation seems to be written in a ‘foreign language’ that I don’t understand.
- I have given up on F1-Help, FAQ, Knowldege Databases, and Books.
I love to help people to understand their software. So I started developing Plan-B for software documentation.
What is the difference:
- Demonstrating a function or feature works better than describing it with many words
- Applying web based search technology allows us to be smarter about translating the ‘user’s language’ into the ‘documentaion’s language’.
- Adding professional support helps clarify what works and what not.